Saturday, September 6th, 2014
picture
Theresa Fire was dispatched at 21:24 to Cottage Hill rd. in the Town of Theresa for a structure fire, upon arrival, units found the building fully evolved, crews worked quickly to contain the fire an...
Friday, July 26th, 2013
picture
Theresa Fire Dept. was dispatched to a one car MVA on Red lake Rd. in the town of Theresa shortly after 4pm Friday afternoon. Upon arrival of fire units, 1 SUV was found in the trees and Indian River ...
Tuesday, April 2nd, 2013
Called at 1:10 am to respond to a mutual aid structure fire on County Route 13, LaFargeviile Command had us set up a fill site in the hamlet of LaFargeville
Wednesday, March 27th, 2013
Theresa Fire Units were dispatched to a vehicle fire on Interstate 81, northbound, (milemarker 172) early Wednesday evening, upon arrival of fire units the fire had been extinguished with a fire extin...
Consumer Product Safety Commission recalls

The recalled children's sleepwear garments fail to meet the United States flammability standards for children's sleepwear, posing a risk of burn injuries to children.

The base of the silicone nipple has a fine slit that can cause the nipple to detach from the plastic shield, posing a choking hazard.  

The rear seat structure of the PTV can fail, resulting in the rear seat tilting unexpectedly, posing fall and injury hazards to the riders.

The recalled robes fail to meet flammability standards for children's sleepwear, posing a risk of burn injuries to children. 

The adjustable handlebar stem on the bicycles can become loose, posing fall and injury hazards.

The youth ATVs fail to comply with the requirements of the federal mandatory ATV safety standard. Children can operate them above the maximum allowed speed, increasing the risk of a crash that can cause serious injuries. The handlebars pose a laceration hazard should the child rider's body or head impact the handlebars at a high rate of speed such as in a crash. In addition, the parking brake does not prevent the movement of the vehicle at the minimum required steepness. ATVs that fail to meet the mandatory safety requirements pose a risk of serious injury or death to children.

Young children can become entrapped in the space between the exterior landing (hoistway) door and the interior elevator car door or gate due to a hazardous gap, and suffer serious injuries or death when the elevator is called to another floor.

Young children can become entrapped in the space between the exterior landing (hoistway) door and the interior elevator car door or gate if there is a hazardous gap, and suffer serious injuries or death when the elevator is called to another floor.

Young children can become entrapped in the space between the exterior landing (hoistway) door and the interior elevator car door or gate if there is a hazardous gap, and suffer serious injuries or death when the elevator is called to another floor.

Paint on the wood wagons, the plastic handles, and the red plastic cover contain levels of lead that exceed the maximums allowed. Excessive levels of lead can be toxic or cause other health problems to young children if the paint is ingested.  

The inner layer of the fuel line can leak, posing a fire hazard.

The CRT Motor youth model ATVs do not meet mandatory safety requirements.  Children can operate them above the maximum allowed speed, increasing the risk of a crash that can cause serious injuries. In addition, the handlebars pose a laceration hazard should the child rider's body or head impact the handlebars at a high rate of speed such as in a crash.

Paint on the zipper pull contains levels of lead that exceed the maximums allowed. Excessive levels of lead can be toxic or cause other health problems to young children if the paint is ingested.

The trigger mechanism on the Electric Fillet Knife (“EFK”) units can become stuck in the “on” position, posing a laceration hazard.

The steering wheel can separate and result in a loss of control, posing a crash hazard. 

When attached to an adult's bed, users can become entrapped within the bed rail or between the rail and the side of the mattress. This poses a serious entrapment hazard and risk of death by asphyxiation.

The crimps of the plastic-coated cables can slip during use causing the standing platform to release, posing fall and injury hazards to users.

The propane hose can swell and rupture, allowing propane gas to leak, posing a fire hazard to the user. 

 

A faulty drain motor in the air conditioners can ignite the plastic enclosure of the unit, posing fire and burn hazards to consumers and risk of serious injury or death.

The metal hook fastening the ladder to the top bunk bed frame can move away or detach from the bed frame when the ladder is lifted, causing the gap between the ladder step and bed frame to open wider than 3.5 inches, posing serious entrapment and strangulation hazards.

When attached to an adult's bed, users can become entrapped within the bed rail or between the rail and the side of the mattress. This poses a serious entrapment hazard and risk of death by asphyxiation.

 

The bath seats fail to meet the federal safety standard for infant bath seats, including requirements for stability and leg openings, and can tip over while in use, posing a drowning hazard to babies.

The retaining “R” clips on the front brake caliper pin can fall out, causing the front brakes to fail, posing a crash hazard to the rider. KTM will also replace the rear brake caliper retaining clips for consistency on the units.

The recalled jar candles can shatter, crack or break apart while burning, posing laceration and fire hazards.

Grass can accumulate on the under-side of the utility vehicle near the exhaust pipe, posing a fire hazard.

The blades can detach from the fan while in use, posing an impact injury hazard to consumers.  

The e-scooter's handlebar grips can loosen or crack, posing fall and injury hazards.

The mail slot on the mailbox can be sharp, posing a laceration hazard.

The ranges can tip over when a heavy object is placed on an open oven door and the anti-tip-over bracket is not secured to the wall or floor, posing a tip-over hazard and risk of burn injuries from hot food or liquids in cookware.

The children's robes fail to meet the federal flammability standards for children's sleepwear, posing a risk of burn injuries to children.

When attached to an adult's bed, users can become entrapped within the bed rail or between the rail and the side of the mattress. This poses a serious entrapment hazard and risk of death by asphyxiation.

The wireless earphones can overheat while charging or in use, posing burn and fire hazards.

A child can disassemble the projector flashlight and access the button cell batteries, posing ingestion and choking hazards.

The locking collars on the dumbbell handles can slip, dropping weights when held perpendicular to the floor, posing an impact injury hazard.

The mattresses fail to meet the mandatory federal flammability standard for mattresses, posing a fire hazard.

The molded plastic drain pan located at the bottom of the evaporator coil, when installed with a residential condensing gas furnace in an up-flow configuration, can overheat, melt, and deform, posing a fire hazard.

The vehicles can lose steering function, posing crash and injury hazards.

The snaps on the romper can detach, posing a choking hazard to young children.

The snaps on the long sleeve top can detach, posing a choking hazard to young children.


© 2022 Theresa Fire Department Inc